Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Herman, do the pro-lifers know what you really think?

You talk a nice line in Georgia...

I believe we need a United States Senator who says what he means in Georgia. Then does what he says in Washington. I'm pro-life today. I'll be pro-life tomorrow. And I'll be pro-life as your Senator. Conservative? You bet. To me it's common sense.

SENATE ROUND-UP: CAIN BLASTS ISAKSON ABORTION VOTE The Hotline May 27, 2004 Thursday,

But do people know what you said in Nebraska?

"Too many people in the electorate are single-issue voters," he commented, "and to try and cater to the single-issue voters and the single-issue pockets out there felt like I was compromising my beliefs. As an example, with the pro-life and pro-abortion debate, the most vocal people are on the ends. I am pro-life with exceptions, and people want you to be all or nothing."

Nation's Restaurant News, October 5, 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment